Oral Cancer ScreeningAnnual Oral Cancer Screening Exams are Important
When oral cancer is found early treatment can be successful 82% of the time. Unfortunately, the survival rate of oral cancel has not improved greatly over the last 30 years, because oral cancer is usually caught in later stages.
Early detection is a key to survival, so it is important to see your dentist regularly. An annual screening exam called ViziLite TBlue, used in conjunction with a routine head and neck examination performed by your dental professional, can help to find abnormalities that could lead to cancer. That's the kind of screening that could help save lives.Bay Bloor Dental now offers...
ViziLite® TBlue® is used to help oral healthcare professionals identify, evaluate, monitor and mark abnormal oral cell lesions suspicious for pathology including precancerous and cancerous cells that may be difficult to see during a regular visual exam.ViziLite TBlue Advantage:
- Quick and easy-to use system that incorporates seamlessly into your standard visual examination - procedure only takes 2 minutes to complete
- Small device size enables easier access to see and focus light inside the oral cavity
- Disposable technology eliminates cross-contamination and improves infection control
- Patented and clinically proven technology that has been helping healthcare professionals for more than a decade
- A clinical study has shown that the use of ViziLite TBlue after a conventional visual examination resulted in¹:
- NO FALSE NEGATIVE OUTCOMES, meaning in this clinical study ViziLite TBlue identified every lesion that had precancerous or cancerous cells
- SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED the number of false positive lesions identified during standard visual examinations - limiting the number of biopsies that may have normally been performed
- Below is an image of Squamous cell carcinoma - identified and stained with ViziLite TBlue